ERIC SCOTT RADIO | LAKE CHARLES, LA — On Friday, December 16, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office conducted a DWI checkpoint at the 600 block of Topsy Road in Gillis to target individuals driving under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
Four-hundred and nine (409) vehicles were checked; one (1) field sobriety tests were administered; and the following thirteen (13) citations were issued:
· one (1) for no seatbelt
· one (1) for no child restraint
· one (1) for no driver’s license
· one (1) for no vehicle registration
· two (2) for expired driver’s license
· one (1) for driving under suspension
· six (6) for expired motor vehicle inspection
Participating in this checkpoint were the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office; Lake Charles City Police; Westlake Police Department; Louisiana State Police-Troop D; and Louisiana Highway Safety Commission.